How to avoid traffic in Aventura:
If you live in my area you probably find yourself trapped in traffic in Aventura, desperately searching for a way out, and saying some not very ladylike words. Getting past the Aventura Mall and towards Ives Dairy Road can be pleasant as a kidney stone at certain times of the day, which lately are pretty much from 8 am to 8 pm. You are sitting in your car, fantasizing with moving far away, knowing deep down you won’t do it because, let’s face it, you love the Latin flare, the mall, being “half way to everywhere”. There are a few traffic hacks that can keep your blood pressure in place and your mental health intact:
- If you are going North on Biscayne and want to go to Hallandale turn East on Lehman’s Causeway, get off midway (when you see Parc Central and Mystic Pointe 600) and go around and underneath the causeway towards the circle, keep going till the traffic light at Del Prado, turn North, then West on 207th, North again on 30th Ave and you will appear at the shopping plaza where Whole Foods and Target are located. Go across this plaza, cross the street and you are in Gulfstream. On the opposite side of Gulfstream…voila, you have reached Hallandale!
- If you want to go West of Biscayne, don’t you dare go under the bridge to take Ives Dairy Road, especially if you just drank a large Frappuccino and it’s 5 PM. Instead, take Biscayne and go North past Ives Dairy, go a few blocks and turn West (left) till you can’t go any further then turn North (right) until 215th St where you have the cross over the rail track to the West side (and since you are there and you saved so much time you may want to check Aventura Place on 213th 😉
- If you are just running errands, you are better off walking, or riding a bicycle. Why are you willing to walk when you go to New York or Buenos Aires but you can’t get yourself to do it here? I know it’s hot, but NY in the summer is too and at least Miami allows for more casual clothing.
- If you are going South, take the back road between former Loehmann’s Plaza and Harbor Center, go around it and keep going South till you hit William’s Island street then turn right, get into the Fresh Market Plaza and go all the way to the other end. You have avoided some heavy traffic so now you can stop at Starbucks or get an ice-cream.
- Have some good music in your car, bluetooth for your cell with speed dial or voice recognition and catch up with your friends, call your parents and make them happy and no matter how bored or late you are, stop the urge to text or read email while driving even in the midst of slow traffic in Aventura. Better to arrive late than never!
And if you love the area in spite of the traffic in Aventura and want to buy a condo call us, after 20 years in the area, we can definitely help.